"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Alice in Wonderland

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Rock and A Hard Place


Last week was Homecoming Week. We started the week off with a golf cart parade. Yours truly drove the DXP gold cart, which I quickly figured out that I had so much trouble driving. Because of rehearsal and classes, I could not make it to other events, but I did help the DXP booth at the Carnival on Thursday. Our booth did Nerf Gun Capture the Flag. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!

Friday, graduation applications were due. I turned mine in on Wednesday, but seeing everyone else scrambling to get the bright yellow sheets turned into the registrar was a humble reminder that four years ago, I was scrambling to find my first classes. Oh, how bitter-sweet. Four years ago, I didn't know where the Rock Stop was. Today, not only do I know where it is, I know the names of everyone who works there.

This picture was taken the first weekend of freshman year...The girl in the red is Kelli. She is still by bestie!!



This was taken at a Royals game two weeks ago. Stefani is showing off her "face," and apparently I'm showing off mine.


Then there was rehearsal. This is our final week before tech/hell week. My cast has done such a wonderful job. It has been a hard few weeks, with rehearsals and hours long costume shop marathons trying to get costumes together. Friday, we just played around. We played games for an hour, and it was well deserved. I am making them cupcakes for Monday's first dress rehearsal.

This is probably my favorite Theater picture. This is from last year's Theaterworks. It is of Gavin (gun), Brian (middle guy), and Ori (body). I took this for cast photo call. 

My first show! The Laramie Project


If you are in the KC area, please come and see the show!! Thursday/Friday @ 8pm, and Saturday/Sunday @2 pm. Tickets are $8. There are two one-act plays. My play, The Real Inspector Hound, is a who-done-it style play with dry, British humor. The second, Booby Trap, is a serious look at a soldier's life as he is put in a difficult position.

Also, on a serious/frightening note: Today, Oct.1, all of my law applications are officially out. This means I have to get my act together and do my applications. I have to redo my personal essays, though. I hate this; I keep second guessing myself. I have about 4 top choices (California Western, San Diego, Chicago, Georgetown). Especially since my #1#1#1#1 is Georgetown - I'M FREAKING OUT - I would do anything to get into Georgetown! How do I put that in a personal statement without sounding desperate. Hopefully, Georgetown, a fellow Jesuit school, gives me props for already surviving 4 years of Jesuit school.

As Dr. Kovich states in every syllabi: The Few. The Proud. The Jesuitical. 

I'm pretty sure that the only reason I am sane is because of my roommate and some amazing faculty.

More specifically...
Monica The Roommate: ...because no one else appreciates my imitation of a cat
Grace The Other Roommate: ...because she rolls her eyes when I do something dumb
Susan The Director: ...because she doesn't let me quit
Latasha The DXP Daughter: ...because she makes me feel like I have accomplished something
Kerrigan the Teacher: ...because now my academic papers rarely have "it" in them
Spencer The Journalist: ...because her pens always match her outfit
Feature Writing The Class: ...thanks for getting me on Twitter
Mitchell The Albus: ...because he is my kind of crazy.

Till next time.


1 comment:

  1. Awww...you're references to specific people is so sweet!!! Especially because you mention me!!! I love you mommy!!! :) <3 BTW I appreciate the play leaks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete