"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Alice in Wonderland

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I can haz break?

Wow. What a week-ish!

So here is a rundown of what's been going on.

I was sick the last time I "blogged." My wonderful roommate decided to share her illness. I was feeling fine Friday the 17th. My throat began hurting late at night (and by late at night, I mean 1am) while I was hanging out with some friends (morel like reminiscing about freshman year).

That next morning, I felt horrible. Sore throat, headache, stuffy nose. But that didn't stop me. I promised Mitchell that I would hang out with him. Him, Monica, and I went to Spin Pizza for lunch, CVS for drug pickup (NyQuill, Vaporub, tissues, and cough drops), then we went out to Oak Park Mall. It was a chill day, but it knocked me out that night. As soon as we got home, I took NyQuill and just crashed.

But the show went on. That Sunday, we (my sorority) began painting our chapter room. So there I am, painting with fumes, and still groggy on NyQuill. But it needed to be done.

I felt better as I continued my normal routine. I did not feel well enough to go to class on Monday, but I told me teacher and she was (of course) totally fine with it. I felt better by the evening, after some soup and a nice long nap. I made it, in the pouring rain to a Panhellenic meeting, and I made it through my first 10 pages of writing my screenplay.

The rest of the week went on like any other. But. Wednesday, I signed up for my graduation gown and graduation things. Words could not express how excited I was that day.

Excited and sad. Only 76 days left of Rockhurst.

My sadness was only an afternoon long as I realized that I would be hosting DXP's midwest retreat. A total of 16 girls invaded Rockhurst campus for my sorority's midwest retreat. I was apprehensive about it since I could really use a relaxing weekend, but I am so happy I got to meet some more of my sisters from around the Midwest region.
DXP Midwest Retreat!!


And now, a moment to breath and catch up on homework. Wrong.

This is the last week before Spring Break. I have a quiz and a Panhellenic meeting tomorrow. I have another Greek meeting on Wednesday. On Thursday, I have an an exam and a painting portfolio due, not to mention a production meeting. And, I have to work sometime in there. SO BUSY.

Yet, it will be worth it. I will be going to Chicago for the first half of Spring Break. I am visiting Loyola Chicago Law School to see if my Jesuit education will extending into my life of briefs and depositions. AND my wolfpack going to Chicago has grown. Monica and Abby are also coming with me to Chicago. Kelli, Monica, Abby, and I, a wolfpack of 4. I guess I should also mention that 2 of my high school pals will be meeting up with me in Gotham City.

The rest of my time, it will be here in KC. Basically, I have planning nothing. And that sounds so glorious!

I would like to look past Spring Break, but I am honestly terrified to do so.


Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment